Last Thursday we had our 16 week appointment. I was so anxious for this appointment because I was hoping the baby would cooperate and let us see what the sex was. At first the baby was head down and my midwife said she didnt think we would be able to see the sex. I was so bummed!! I just prayed that she would move around so we could get a glimpse of the goods. After some persuasion and some jaring around we were able to get ONE I repeat ONE chance to see what was hiding between the baby's legs. I was shocked when Machel said,"it looks like a girl". I thought for sure it would be a boy. I kept having these dreams that I had a little boy. She is about 95% sure that it is a girl. But who knows that could change. Take a look for yourself at the photo below. Three white lines are an indicator of female genitalia. I was so excited I went to Carter's after and bought a bunch of girl clothes(left the tags on just in case). We also got a picture of her foot that is about the size of an almond. cute! I have been able to feel her moving around, it is subtle but its the weirdest feeling ever.She weighs five ounces, about the size of a turnip.
Isn't that one of the most amazing miracles? To feel the babes growing, floating, moving, kicking, and even to get the hick-ups is such a precious experience. I'm so happy that you get to experience such a magnificent blessing. Love ya Kell and miss your butt too! (well not literally your butt)
32 year old wife, mother-to-be and nurse! I was married to the sweetest guy on the planet August 15th 2008. I moved to Utah from Oregon about 9 years ago to go to Weber State's Radiology program but over the years my major has changed a bit but I decided on nursing and I'm so glad I did!
3 comments:
Wow! I keep thinking about when you were born....:-) Names? have you picked them out yet?
Isn't that one of the most amazing miracles? To feel the babes growing, floating, moving, kicking, and even to get the hick-ups is such a precious experience. I'm so happy that you get to experience such a magnificent blessing.
Love ya Kell and miss your butt too! (well not literally your butt)
Post a Comment