Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

not so fun pregnancy

Well where do I begin?? After last mondays episode with my contractions and my cervix thinning out I was put on a different hall at work that is "less stressful" and so I continued to work that week up until this Tuesday when I had a Dr. appt. that I almost didn't make it to due to my midwife needing to reschedule. Luckily my work has been awesome and was able to cover part of my shift so I could go, and boy I'm glad I did! In the span of one week my cervix thinned out from 3.2cm to 1.5cm! When she discovered this she said,"your done working girl, you are on bed rest." She also checked me and my cervix is soft and almost 1 cm dilated. What the heck! I keep trying to tell this little girl it is not time to come out yet, as bad as we want to see her she needs to stay put and keep growing! After some concideration she told me I would need to give myself weekly progesterone shots to reduce the risk of preterm birth(thanks Steph for being so willing to give them to me!) and I had to go to the hospital on two seperate days to get a shot of betamethasone to help develop little Savannah's lungs. I am periodically taking turbutaline when I feel like my contractions are out of control. This drug is sooo much better on me than the procardia. Now I have to see my provider weekly and I go see a Perinatologist next Thursday. Please keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Molli Poliak said...

Oh my goodness Kelly! Now I am the one crying. I know its tough but plenty of people have survived this. No worries. Little Savannah will be just fine. We WILL keep you in our prayers. Stay positive and I will see you soon.

Granny Hawk said...

I see she has a name....As always baby, you and jordan and my granddaughter are in my prayers and everyone out here.

Anonymous said...

Hi girl! Congrats on the baby! Savannah is a beautiful name! She and you will come throught this fine. I will pray for you guys. I had a very hi risk pregnancy with Autumn so I know exactly what you are going through and I know how scary it is. Our thoughts and prayers are with you love. Take care and keep me posted.

San Diego Zoo

Puke machine