Savannah had her follow-up today on her weight. I was advised last wen. to stop with the breastmilk and start soy formula for about four days. I did that for one day and decided it was too hard on her system so I would breastfeed and then I would bottle feed her milk that I had pumped. Turns out she wasn't getting enough from breastfeeding cause she would gulp down 2 oz after a feeding. So today her weight was 6 lbs. 15 oz! That's 11oz in 6 days! Man I am so glad we figured it out! So now I soley pump and feed her with a bottle. She is a great little eater and is just as cute as a button!
5 comments:
stick with it kelly! thats what i still do for brody. it kinda gets old and feels like double duty, to me anyways! glad she's doing so good!
Im trying..I havent been breastfeeding her cause she ends up dumping it all over so I just pump and put it in a bottle. I am also supplementing cause I cant keep up with the demand
She is as cute as a button for sure! You are doing so great. I remember with my 1st I was in so much pain but I was not going to give up on the idea. I took a 4 week break and soley pumped so I could heal. The difference was great! I was then scared he wouldn't go back but he did well both ways. Once I went back to work I pumped too. It is a lot of work but I think well worth it. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
I agree! Stick with it, I promise it gets easier! Hopefully you can go back to feeding directly and cut out the pump. I had a really rough 5 or 6 weeks when I first started! I quit after 5 months, my house was robbed twice, I went back to work and we bought a house and moved. I let life get in the way and quit :( I immediately missed it so much and every month that I spend near $300 on formula I kick myself again :) It gets easier momma I promise! Kudos for you for trying!
thanks, you know Im such a slacker lately with my blog. Its been quite some time now since she decided to just latch on without a shield and such so now things are sooo great!! No more pumping and putting it in a bottle anymore for me!!
Post a Comment