Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Labor Day! revised AGAIN

I finally have a moment when I can post, although I should be sleeping! On February 16th we had our final appointment with our Dr. to see how I have progressed. I go in and start the usual, pee in a cup, weigh myself and blood pressure. Shockingly my blood pressure was 166/100. I couldnt believe it! So she took it manually and it was 160/88. At this point we needed to make a decision to either go to the hospital or wait a few days. The decision was made, go home pack a bag, get something to eat and then head over to the hospital! I couldn't believe this was happening! I was so scared. We checked in to the hospital that night around 9. Around 10 my pitocin was started. At 2ish my water was broken and epidural started. By 400am I was 9 1/2cm dilated, and by 435am Savannah Marie Beutler came into this world. Her first couple days were pretty rough. She had jaundice pretty bad and had to be put on phototherapy while we were in the hospital and at home. By that following Monday her Dr. gave her a clean bill of health! Now we are just working on getting full feedings and sleeping whenever we can. I never knew I could love someone so much, even though there have been trying times I wouldn't have it any other way. She is having her pictures taken on Friday so as soon as I get them I will post! P.S. Savannah was born Feb 17th at 3:45am 6lb 80z 19 inches long. lost 8oz by day 3 then regained 3 by the following Monday and continues to grow. I weighed her on Friday and she was about 6lb 12oz..
OK so Savannah had her two week appointment today and it turns out she has only gained 1 oz since her last visit which is not good. She only weighs 6lb 4 oz. I had a really hard day because her Dr told me I need to give her formula only for the next five days or so to see how she does. I am still pumping but am sad that her and I aren't sharing that one thing anymore that no other person shared. Hopefully we can figure this out and I can get back to breastfeeding.

4 comments:

Evan and Kristina said...

Kelly she is so adorable! How big was she? She looks so tiny. But my boy is a chunk so everything is small compared to him! Congratulations!

Kimm said...

She is beautiful!! I love holding her!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! Way to go mommy!

Steph said...

I'm so sad, I wanted to come visit you today since it's my only day off this week, but I've been sick in bed all day! I don't even know why, but every time I stand up I have to run to the bathroom.. yuck! I can't even get anything done! Anyway, one of these days when I'm not sick or working I'm coming to visit! Love ya girly!

San Diego Zoo

Puke machine