Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

another close call

This past wednesday night I didn't sleep a wink. I contracted the whole night. I figured I had an appointment that following morning so I would see what was going on then. When she did her normal transvaginal ultrasound it showed my cervix as 1.5cm long instead of the 2.5 it was the previous week and the baby's head was really pushing down on my cervix so she decided to "check" me. She said I was about 85% effaced, 1-2cm dilated and the baby was sitting at a +1 station. Not good! She put me on the monitor for a while to watch my contractions and then decided I may be in labor and that I needed to go straight to the hospital. I was so freaked out because my husband had just left that morning to Vegas for business. I called him and told him he needed to come home. In the mean time I had my mother-in-law and my three sister-in-laws right there to support me. During my stay they put me on an IV drip of magnesium sulfate and antibiotics. Let me just say mag sucks! It is so harsh on the body. I was so hot and flushed, heart racing, dizzy, tired, sick, and I was starving cause I hadn't eaten anything and they put me on a clear liquid diet.errr.. After a long day Jordan finally made it and settled in for a long, uncomfortable night. I was so exhausted but couldn't sleep from the discomforts of the mag and the hourly bathroom trips. Jordan and his dad gave me a blessing that night and I prayed I wouldn't have to spend my birthday in the hospital. Finally around 1PM on Friday they sent me home with a new Dr. and heavier meds.Please keep us in your prayers. Little Savannah needs to hang in there just a bit longer. Hey, I at least need to make it to my baby shower!!

7 comments:

Evan and Kristina said...

Kelly I totally understand about the mag sulfate! I had to be on it because of my preeclampsia. I had hot flashes for 3 days, was always dizzy, and just felt like I had morning sickness all over again. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'll pray that Savannah hangs in there for awhile longer. Can't wait to see you Saturday at your baby shower! Is there anything specific you are really wanting?

Kelly said...

oh man I couldn't imagine being on it for that long. I had so much anxiety I almost told them to just stop it. Off the top of my head I really want a boppy but Im not sure how much $$ they are. The thing I REALLY want most is to make it until next saturday!Im really trying to behave myself,take my meds Q6H and just stay down so please pray that I can make it!Hope to see you there!!

Granny Hawk said...

Kelly, we out here, your uncle and I are praying 24/7 for you and baby...that baby Savannah will last a bit more...at least to 8 months..

Kimm said...

YOU can do it!! Dang it! I wish I knew you wanted a boppy! I just gave one to the DI! I only used it twice! shoot! Hang in there! and STAY IN BED, or I'll cut you!!! Muwahhahahaha, love ya!

Granny Hawk said...

Yes! Stay in bed!! I wouldn't want Kimm to cut me! wink!

Kelly said...

mom I am 33 weeks, I am in my 8th month

Granny Hawk said...

Oh, okay...I miss counted then, sorry....too excited to count...that is good you are eight months along then...that makes me feel better...whoopie! I believe you will make it to your shower then...;-)

San Diego Zoo

Puke machine